Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Morgan's 1st waterpark experience

Last Friday morning Morgan and I took Graham to April's so that she and I could enjoy a day at Hawaiian Falls. We went with our friends, Lindsey and Ashleigh Wells. The girls had so much fun playing in the water together. They first played in sprinklers and then we went to swim in the wave pool. After swimming in the wave pool we were ready for lunch. I was able to take a few pictures but not many because most of the time I was right because Morgan in the water. Here are a few that I got.

Waiting patiently to go in to Hawaiian Falls...



She was SO EXCITED!!



On their way to check it out...







The girls posing after lunch!



After lunch the girls were ready to go to the bigger playground. It was a fun area with water slides, etc. We had a blast there for about 20 minutes until Morgan had a accident. She and I were staying on the small slides and we would go down together or right behind each other. This one time Morgan slid down and I was going to slide behind her. She slid and stood up and started to try to climb back up the slide to get to me. I was trying to get her to sit down and move so I could slide down and that is when her feet slipped out from under her and she fell and hit her mouth on the slide. It was awful and she had a crowd of parents and life guards there to grab her before I could even get down the slide. Poor baby! She was screaming and there was blood everywhere! They showed us the way to First Aid where they tried their best to look at her mouth as she continued to cry. They said it looked like she had a bad busted lip. We left First Aid, found Lindsey and Ashleigh and told them what happened, we packed up our stuff and we were on our way home. Her mouth bled for a good hour and half. We got home and she went right to sleep. During her nap I tried to get a closer look in her mouth and noticed it wasn't her lip - it was her teeth and gums! I was horrified! I cried as much as her, if not more! I was so concerned about the injury. I was scared her teeth were possibly loose, pushed up in her gums, etc. and with everything so bloody it was difficult to inspect. I called a few dentists that I knew and they were all closed since it was Friday at 3pm. My friend Lisa helped get us in to see her dentist. Thanks so much Lisa! The dentist said her teeth weren't loose. They tried to take an xray to see if there was root damage or anything that will affect her permanent teeth but Morgan wouldn't sit still enough for them to get a good picture. He told use we were going to have to wait and see what happens to the teeth. On Saturday, we were able to get a closer look. Her gums around her front teeth are horribly purple and bruised. She has been eating soft foods because biting with her front teeth is painful for her. I am still very worried but all we can do it watch and wait. We go back to see the dentist for her follow up appointment this Thursday. She has been acting fine. She wanted to swim all weekend (at least she doesn't have a fear of water after this accident). It's a good thing kids are so resilient.

I don't know how I'm going to survive a little boy coming along behind her and all of the future spills and falls that are sure to come our way.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Morgan! At least she doesn't seem to be traumatized by it and its good that she seems to be feeling better! Let me know how Thursday goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I am sitting here almost crying myself after reading your post! BLESS your heart! That had to be so scary. I am glad she's ok but I would have felt the exact same way as you. Poor little thing!!! I do love the picture of her at the beginning with her mouth wide open...so excited. She is precious. Take care!

    ReplyDelete