Bryan and I started off the weekend out at the Colonial Golf Tournament. We had a lot of fun, saw a lot of good golf shots and visited with a lot of friends. How fun it would be to be a pro golfer -- or even a caddie. :) The remainder of the weekend we spent a lot of time in the pool because it was too hot for anything else. It seemed as though the pool water went from 80 degrees (chilly) to 88 degrees (comfortable) overnight and it was just in time for us to be able to enjoy it over the long weekend. I was anxious to see how Morgan would like the pool this year because last year she loved it but this summer she is TWO and has a mind of her own. :) On Friday we couldn't even get her in her swimsuit and she wanted nothing to do with the pool. She sat on the patio while we swam. On Saturday we made a lot of progress. We got her swimsuit on and she spent time playing on steps in the pool and by Sunday she was comfortable, loved it and at times a little too brave. We can't take our eyes off of her!! But I am happy that she has warmed up to it - I was nervous on Friday that it would be a long summer if she refused to swim! Graham went for his first time on Saturday and loved it but Sunday, it was a different story. He was happier on the deck playing on his play mat or in the swing. On Sunday, some of ours and Morgan's favorite people came over to swim and have dinner - The Wells, Marie, Brent and Julie and Gammy and Pops! It was a lot of fun! On Monday, I played golf with some friends and then we went to Brent and Julie's for dinner. It was a busy and fun weekend to kick off summer! Here are some pictures.
1st Swim of Summer! And probably her 1st and last time to wear this bikini if Daddy has any say. :)

1st Swim Ever!


Ashleigh and Morgan

Graham watching the girls!

She is turning into a fish!

Getting used to his new hat!
I am cracking up at Morgan's bikini and Bryan's opinion of it! :) Such a sweet, protective dad! She does look pretty adorable in it. I am totally jealous of your pool right now- would be nice in this blazing heat!
ReplyDeletelooks like a fun filled weekend!
ReplyDelete