Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation Bible Camp 2010

Last week was FUMC-Mansfield's Vacation Bible Camp. I volunteered as a craft leader and had so much fun working with the children. They have a Wee VBC for all volunteers' kids that are too young for the regular VBC so that is where Morgan and Graham went. It was such a great week. I wasn't sure how Morgan would like it but she did great. Monday was a little rough for her, she cried a little and wanted her teacher to hold her a lot. On Monday afternoon, she kept asking to go back to church. I could tell she was excited about it and I figured each day would get easier. The rest of the week she was sad when I dropped her off but the teachers said that she was good after I left and got more and more comfortable every day. When I pick her up from class she always looked so happy. And Graham was perfect in the nursery. He was his little happy self, like always :).

Here they are heading out the door for Day 1 of VBC.



Here are their crafts from Monday...

Cowgirl Morgan



Cowboy Graham made from foot print



On Tuesday, I was in between my classes and saw Morgan and her class taking a walk so I got a picture.



Tuesday crafts

Morgan's horse with her hand print



Graham's horse with foot print



When I picked Graham up I got a picture of him and his teacher. All Smiles!



This was Wednesday morning before we left the house. Isn't this just the sweetest picture?



Morgan made a bandana on Wednesday and Graham made a onesie. The goal was to try to get them both to wear their fine works of art on Thursday.





And here they are!





What a wonderful experience we all had at our 1st VBC!

No comments:

Post a Comment