Thursday, January 20, 2011
Tubes Tomorrow
Tomorrow is the big day...Graham is getting tubes in his ears. From about October through the beginning of December he had constant ear infections. He has been ear infection free for about 4 weeks now but the doctors still highly recommended them for him. I have talked to so many people whose kids have gotten tubes and it seems like it is a pretty easy procedure for the kids and parents, but when it's your child it seems like such a big deal. I was hoping that his appointment would be first thing in the morning because Graham wakes up with a big appetite. We found out today that his surgery is at 10:30 and we have to be at Cooks at 9:00. He can't have any food after 3:00 a.m. but he can have clear liquids (water and apple juice) until 7:00 a.m. Tonight I tried to fill him up as much as possible. He had dinner at 6:00 and then a snack (apple sauce) around 7:30. I let him continue to drink juice until right before bed and then he had his night time bottle like always. After his bottle he threw up what felt like eveything in his tummy! Poor baby!! This is the second time in the last week that he has thrown up. We have slowly been adding whole milk to his formula bottles and that was when he started ramdomly throwing up. I am starting to wonder if maybe he hasn't outgrown his milk allergy. I will probaby be calling Dr. Sampson about it tomorrow to see what she suggests. My plan for the morning is to wake Graham up a little early and let him have a big drink before 7:00 rolls around and he can't have anything else. I think it will be a long morning trying to keep him happy and busy so he doesn't thing about food and drinks. Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow. We are praying that surgery and recovery are speedy and successful for our little dude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! I'll be thinking of ya'll tomorrow. Hang in there...I know he will do great.
ReplyDeleteI hope it goes quick and easy for ya'll. I'm thinking about you!
ReplyDelete