Monday, June 25, 2012

VBC 2012

Our VBC Son Surf at FUMC has come and gone and it was a blast!  I always look forward to the week of VBC.  I didn't realize how rewarding serving in the children's ministries could be until I volunteered at VBC 3 years ago and now it is just something that I love!  I started volunteering because I wanted to get the kids into the Wee VBC until they could get into VBC at 4.  Graham was in Wee VBC again this year and lucked into having his sweet First Faith teacher, Mrs. Mathiesen and Mrs. Ames.  They are SO great and he loved seeing their familiar faces!  This was Morgan's first year in the a regular VBC class (no more WEE VBC for my big 4 year old).  She did excellent and was excited about it the entire week!  

Another perk I get out of volunteering is getting to sneak peeks/take pictures of my own kids during the week...
       
Day 1 VBC...

 Graham in the Sanctuary applauding the music team...
 Sweet boy!
 Day 2...
 Morgan with her class in the Sanctuary.  There were tears the first day at drop off because it was a little overwhelming for her.  (Mommy cried too...it breaks my heart when the kids cry)  There were so many people and so it was loud but every other day she did great, knew what to expect and was ready to go!  
 Craft time...
 Day 3...Graham is very attached to his doggie.  He carried it around most of the week.
Graham's craft...
 Morgan's craft...
Day 4...

 My little man walking to class...
 Morgan was taking it all in at the Sanctuary...
 Snack time for Graham's class...
 Again, he had his doggie in hand :)
 Morgan's class playing Duck, Duck, Goose...
Another one of Graham's crafts... 
 Morgan's 4 year old VBC class...
 in her picture frame craft...
 What a fun week this was!  
The kids keep asking me when they get to go back to VBC.

A big Thank You to our church, children's team and volunteers for such a special, rewarding week.  

1 comment: