Morgan has been 1/2 way potty trained now for 10 months. In January 2011 we put her in panties and she has done great with tee-teeing but she would not poop on the potty. There was not one bribe that worked! She was frightened and didn't think she could do it. She would ask for a diaper and she would go into the bathroom and take care of her business. Last Monday, October 3rd me and the kids were hanging out around the house and she came and told me, "Mommy, I want to do something that no one thinks I can do." I knew exactly what she was referring to but didn't ask any questions. I just said okay and she asked me to turn on the bathroom light for her. I did and she shut the door. I told her to call me when she needed me and was crossing my fingers that she would poop in the potty and call me back in. A couple minutes passed and she yelled out and asked if we could go to Build A Bear if she pooped in the potty because that was a promise we made months ago. I yelled back...Of Course we can!! Minutes later she called me in and told me she has BIG NEWS and her litle face was filled with excitement. SHE DID IT---POOPED IN THE POTTY!!! I was SO SO SO proud of her. Whatever we had planned that day went by the wayside and we just spend the day praising her for her BIG accomplishment. She wanted to call Daddy, Gammy, Nonny & Uncle Brent right away and tell them what she did. That afternoon we headed out to Build A Bear and she had the best time building herself a Hello Kitty!

After she built Hello Kitty...taking her to get a bath

Bathing and brushing Hello Kitty's hair with Graham supervising :)

All clean and so excited!!

Then it was time to shop for Hello Kitty

Getting her all dressed up and pretty!

On her way to get Hello Kitty's birth certificate

Daddy and his BIG GIRL!

This was her first trip to Build A Bear and she loved it. It was an excellent milestone to celebrate!! She has done great ever since. No more diapers! We actually had to get diapers that afternoon for Graham and she told me that they were for Graham and that she needed new panties. So, of course, we got new Dora panties. Whatever it takes to keep up the great work!!
I cannot tell you how awesome this post is!! I think you are an AWESOME MOM! this just proves that when they are ready, they are ready!! So encouraging for a momma who can't get her little one to even be interested in peeing on the potty! Love reading your blog. Thanks for the encouragement! Yay for Morgan!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! Congrats to your big girl! I am honestly dreading potty training.
ReplyDelete