Sunday, October 30, 2011
CALL ME CRAZY!!!
After nearly three months of house hunting we weren't having much luck at all. We still haven't heard anything about the offer we put in on the short sale. I truly believes everything happens for a reason. We just needed the time to continue to search for our perfect home! Last week we found a house by the golf course that we thought we liked and walked through it twice and we decided to make an offer. It was a good location but it needed lots of updating. Ughh! This is what we found in all the houses we saw around the golf course and I wasn't really on board with it. On Thursday morning we were going to make an offer and I just woke up nervous and unsure about it. I wasn't sure I would be happy there until all the updating was done and who knew how long that all was going to take. I have always been drawn to two neighborhoods, The Lakes of Creekwood and Kings Mill. These are neighborhoods with newer, more updated homes in the area of Mansfield we wanted to end up in. So, that afternoon I really got motivated. I searched on Zillow.com in these two neighborhoods for all houses that were NOT for sale but met our criteria (in good locations (cul-de-sacs/low traffic areas), desired square footage and right numbers of bedrooms and bathrooms). Then I made little notes stating that we were interested in the neighborhood and if they would consider selling their home to call and signed Bryan's name and number (after getting his permission, of course). I dropped 22 notes in mailboxes between these two neighborhoods. I know - Crazy - right?!?! Well, Bryan got a call from a realtor that evening saying that the homeowner got our note and she had been at their house that day and the house was coming on the market on Saturday. She asked if we wanted to see it on Friday before it listed. We got with Micah (our realtor) and we went over to see it Friday afternoon. We walked in and fell in love with it...this if the home we both felt like we had been waiting and searching for...it is perfect for us!! It is in a cul-de-sac, great size, doesn't need one bit of updating(yay!!), backs up to a greenbelt and pond and I could go on and on. Bryan and I could sleep that night...we were so excited about this house. Early Saturday morning we send an offer over to the seller's realtor and just waited nervously all day to hear back. It was the most nerve wracking day ever!! That evening we got great news...the offer was accepted and we had a signed contract. We are SOOOOO excited about it. So, my note leaving strategy paid off. Since then we have received about 4-5 other calls from people that are thinking of listing their homes in the near future or would consider selling if the price was right. SO--it was a bold move on my part and I am SO happy I did it! We have the inspection scheduled for Tuesday and we are set to close on November 29th if everything goes as planned. We are praying it all works out. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment