Friday, October 16, 2009

Morgan steals baby gift :)

On Wednesday evening we came home to find a UPS package at the front door from my old co-worker, Amy and her husband, Jeff. After dinner we were sitting around and I decided to let Morgan open the package. I don't believe she has tried to unwrap a gift since her birthday and at that time she still needed a lot of our help to get the gifts unwrapped. Bryan and I sat back and watched her attempt to open the gift and she did great unwrapping the box all by herself. This Christmas should be a lot of fun!! It didn't take long for Bryan and I to realize the gift she was opening was for our little boy. Bryan kept whispering to me "The gift is for the baby." I realized that but Bryan thought it was going to make her sad that it wasn't something for her. Lesson learned - we are going to have to give her some little surprises when we bring things home for the baby.:) I bought her a Big Sis gift earlier this week to give her in the hospital from her baby brother! Anyways, she didn't get sad at all and she didn't even realize the gift wasn't for her. It was the cutest pair of grey and orange Nike shoes. Morgan LOVES shoes and wanted me to put them on her right away. They were size 5, which she still fits into so I did let her wear them around the house. We always find her in our closet trying our shoes on. She does pretty good walking in my shoes, even my heels. Trying to walk in Bryan shoes/boots are quite the challenge for her. They are just to big and heavy but she loves to try!! Anyways, Morgan loved the gift and I know our little boy will too!! It was so hard to get the shoes off of her for bath time that night but we eventually did. While I was bathing her Bryan hid the shoes in our little boy's closet and will save them for him. Thanks so much Amy and Jeff!!

Today I went to my doctor for my 27 week appointment and everything is still going great. My doctor said she will plan my c-section at the beginning of November (probably my next appt) for the beginning of January. Unless there are early signs of labor, we will stick with the date that she schedules. As far as a name, we still haven't decided but Graham is the front runner because we like the name and if that is the name we decide on we will give him Bryan's initials (GBB).

No comments:

Post a Comment