Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Move

We survived the first stage of this process...Moving out of our house. It was one of the most difficult (physically) things I have ever done. And we will have to move again...Out of the Baughman's and our pods into our new home. We still haven't heard back from the bank on the house we have a contract on so who knows when that will be!

Pictures of some of the movers:). Didn't get any of me - but I was one of the hard workers!
The hard workers...

Graham was supervising...

The little helpers...

Coloring break...

Another play break...

Monkeys jumping on the mattress...


I’m not sure if you have heard Miranda Lambert’s song “The House That Built Me” but last weekend while moving I heard it and the song keep going through my head over and over. The move was a little bittersweet for us. It was the the house that Bryan and I moved into a couple weeks before we got married.
…it’s where we brought our babies home to and watched them grow month after month
…it’s where we had so many fun days and nights hanging out with friends
……it was there we spent the summers swimming outside and working with the kids on their swimming skills. Pics of kids before their last swim...





……Many memories were made there, many holiday and birthdays were celebrated.
……Many good neighbor relationships were made there for us and the kids, I will miss watching all the kids play together.

I was the only one in the family that found this move emotional. I held myself together most times but one of the saddest times was after we closed and we had to go back to get something and Morgan asked me to open the door. I teared up and reminded her that someone else lives there now.

We will miss this home but felt it was time to move on. We are confident that we will find a new house we love and make into our new home. As long as we all have each other is what really matters!

We have all enjoyed our first week of living with Gammy and Pops. The kids are doing great and for that I am very thankful. They have their own room, beds, toys and most everything they had at home and of course, Gammy and Pops. What more could they want!? :)





2 comments:

  1. Tammy, I know it was hard to leave your home. But as soon as you find your new one, it will all be worth while.

    All the monogrammed items in the former post are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS tell Judy and Bobby hello for us

    ReplyDelete