Sunday, February 7, 2010

Impatient and Hard-headed

These are two words that describe me and my eagerness to begin working out again. Not sure why I am so ready to hit the gym because after Morgan was born and my doctor released me 6 weeks after my c-section I had no desire to workout. This time is different and I am so ready to get in shape. I have been feeling great so I have been telling Bryan that I am going to get into a routine of going to gym. He constantly reminds me how hard-headed I am and how I need to obey my doctor’s orders. Yesterday while the kids were napping I went out for a walk and thought I will run a little and Bryan will never know. My jog didn’t last long because it was uncomfortable so I walked 3 miles to get a little exercise. I will wait 2 more weeks like my doctor suggested because they obviously know best! I have set a couple fitness goals for myself this year. Bryan and I want to run the White Rock Half Marathon in December (which he could do today!) but I have some training to do. I am also thinking about doing the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in November but haven’t completely decided. It will be great to achieve some of my goals and get back into a regular exercise routine but now I realize that I have to listen to my body and take it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment